Who We Are
The Northwest Opportunities Vocational Academy (NOVA) was founded in 1993 as an alternative, school-to-work program for “at-risk” students residing on the northwest side of Milwaukee.
In partnership with the Milwaukee Public Schools, NOVA High school is operated by TransCenter for Youth, Inc.. One hundred students in grades 7-12 are offered a full-day program, which leads to a high school diploma.
Our mission is to graduate proficient, confident, and respectful young scholars with the educational and social skills necessary to compete in our ever-changing world.
- Grow into confident, productive members of society.
- Stay in school, learn new skills/concepts, and graduate.
- Practice respect, responsibility, and self-awareness in our daily lives.
- Become hardworking, critical thinking students that will lead an honest, safe, and healthy life.
- Build positive relationships that will create a safe learning community.
Download our student Handbook.